To be leading Bio-Based Green Innovation for Sustainability
To create high value product through innovative biotechnology, operational excellence and promote sustainability development
Agility & Mobility
“BBGI PCL” or BBGI, a leading player in the biofuel energy industry and producer of high-value bio-based products (HVP) that promote health and well-being, has recently listed its shares on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) under the abbreviation BBGI on March 17, 2022. With over 18 years of experience in the biofuel business, BBGI has a strong foundation as a major producer and distributor of biofuels in Thailand.
The company is confident in its operational potential and ready to expand its expertise in biotechnology to develop new HVPs that promote health using synthetic biology technology (SynBio). BBGI aims to support the growth of domestic and international markets in the health and well-being sector.
- The Company was listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) and issued an initial public offering (IPO) on March 17, 2022, using the abbreviation “BBGI”.
- The Company has entered into a joint venture agreement with Biome Company Limited (“Biom”) to focus on high-value bio-based products. This is the use of synthetic biology technology, also known as “synthetic biology” or “SynBio ,” to create value for the product. The Company holds 20% of the shares.
- Win Ingredients Company Limited has established Win Ingredients Singapore Pte. Ltd. in Singapore to support business growth from Win Ingredients Company Limited in the future. Win Ingredients Singapore Company Limited will function as a laboratory, presenting products to customers throughout Southeast Asia.
- KSL Green Innovation Public Company Limited (KGI) changed its name to BBGI Bioethanol Public Company Limited (BBGI-NP/BP).
- and Bangchak Biofu El (BBF) changed its name to BBGI Biodiesel Company Limited (BBGI-BI).
- Bangchak Bioethanol (Chachoengsao) Company Limited (BBE) changed its name to BBGI Bioethanol (Chachoengsao) Company Limited (BBGI-PS).
- The Board of Directors’ meeting held on Tuesday, August 30, 2022, resolved to establish a joint venture company, BSGF Company Limited (“BSGF”), with BCP and Thanachok Oil Company Limited (“TC”) , to operate the business of procuring raw materials, producing, and distributing sustainable aviation fuel from used oil with a registered capital of 1 million baht, in which the Company holds 20% of the total registered capital of BSGF.
- The Company cooperates with Biome Company Limited, a research and development company in biotechnology that operates on the knowledge base of researchers from the Faculty of Science at Chulalongkorn University under the incubation of the CU Innovation Hub, the National Science and Technology Development Agency and CU signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the production of “enzymatic bio-based products,” which are high-value biological products that have the ability to destroy the chemical structure of pesticide residues in vegetables and fruits.
- The Company and BIOM signed an investment proposal (term sheet) to jointly develop a sample product as well as marketing strategies (marketing strategy) to continue commercial distribution.
- BUP increased its registered capital from 50 million baht to 100 million baht, divided into 10 million ordinary shares with a par value of 10 baht per share, for investment in the construction of a 3 MW power generation system and 20 tons of steam per hour to sell electricity and steam to KGI’s ethanol plant, Nam Phong District Branch Khon Kaen.
- WIN received a registration certificate from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Neotame, a zero-calorie sweetener, on April 1, 2021 for sale in Thailand and is in the process of introducing other sweeteners and asking for permission to register with the FDA in Thailand for importing and selling commercially.
- On April 29, 2021, UBE applied for permission to offer ordinary shares to the public for the first time (IPO) to the Securities and Exchange Commission. The number of shares offered for sale is no more than 1,370,000,000 shares at par value 1 baht per share, divided into newly issued ordinary shares in an amount not exceeding 1,174,286,000 shares and up to 195,714,000 existing ordinary shares. The existing ordinary shares held by the Company participated in the offering at this time in an amount of not more than 97,857,000 shares.
- The Company issued and offered debentures No. 1/2021 on May 11, 2021, with a total issuance and offering value of 1,300 million baht, consisting of 1-year and 6-month unsubordinated and unsecured debentures. Redemption is due in 2022 in the amount of 500 million baht with a fixed interest rate of 2.53 percent per year, and the second series of debentures, which are 3-year unsubordinated and unsecured debentures, is due in 2024 in the amount of 800 million baht with a fixed interest rate of 100,000 baht for 3.30 percent per year.
- WIN has appointed distributors of sweeteners in five countries: Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- On September 1, 2021, the Company started selling pharmaceutical-grade hand sanitizers certified GMP and HACCP through the business-to-consumer (“B2C”) market after previously selling only business-to-business (“B2B”) and began selling food supplements under the B Nature+ brand. The first product sold was ASTA-IMMU, which is an antioxidant that nourishes the skin and is extracted from red algae (Astaxanthin) via Facebook: @BNaturePlus and LineOfficial: @BNaturePlus.
- UBE has issued an initial public offering (IPO), in which the Company has offered 97.86 million ordinary shares of UBE that the Company holds in this IPO as well, resulting in as of September 30, 2021. The company’s shareholding in UBE decreased from 21.28% to 12.39%.
- BBGI Utility and Power Company Limited (“BUP”) was established on March 17, 2020 with an initial registered capital of 50 million baht divided into 5 million ordinary shares with a par value of 10 baht per share, in which the Company holds 100% of its shares to provide public utility and energy services to sell biogas to KGI ‘s ethanol plant, Bo Phloi District Branch Kanchanaburi.
- The Company invested in convertible preferred shares of Manus Bio Inc. (“Manus”), registered in the United States of America, in a proportion of 5.8 %. Manus operates in advanced biotechnology and has a wide range of expertise in high-value bio-based products.
- The Company established Win Ingredients Company Limited (“WIN”) on August 6, 2020, with an initial registered capital of 1 million baht divided into 0.1 million ordinary shares with a par value of 10 baht per share, of which the Company holds 100% of the shares for investment in production and distribution.Distribution of high-value biological products.
- WIN increased its registered capital by 319 million baht, divided into 32 million ordinary shares at a par value of 10 baht per share, with BBGI holding 51.% and Manus holding 49%, resulting in WIN’s registered capital increasing from the original 1 million baht to 320 million baht (paid 80 million baht).
- KGI Factory, Bo Phloi District Branch, Kanchanaburi Expand production capacity from 200,000 liters per day to 300,000 liters per day.
- The Company delayed the initial public offering (IPO) due to unfavorable market and economic situations.
- Bangchak Biofuel Company limited (“BBF”) has improved its production process (debottlenecking), resulting in an increase in biodiesel production capacity from 930,000 liters per day to 1,000,000 liters per day.
- During the meeting of UBE on 9th April 2018, the consensus led to register company for public company limited with an increment of registered capital, sold common share to the public for the first time (IPO).
- During the meeting of BCP on 25th April 2018 agreed to dispense and sell common shares of BBGI to committee, board, employee of BBGI and its associated companies (ESOP). This was aligned upon the announcement of The Capital Market Supervisory Board no. 32/2551 subjected to the distribution of assets to committee or employee (with amended sections).
- The meeting of shareholders of BBGI on 25th April 2018 with the following agreements.
- Transformed the company into the public company limited with renew the title to BBGI limited (public company).
- Adjusted the common shares from 10.0 Baht per unit to 5.00 Baht. The common share increased from 253.20 million shares to 506.40 million shares.
- Increased registered capital within 1083.00 million Baht, shifted the total registered capital of 2,532.00 million Baht to 3.615.00 million Baht. Sold common shares not more than 216.60 million shares, worth 5.00 Baht per unit to the public for the first time (IPO).
- Distributed the common shares not over 216.60 million shares, worth 5.00 Baht per unit for IPO with inclusion of the followings but not limited to (I) shareholders of BCP and KSL specified to those who were eligible for this distribution. (II) Committee, management board, and employee of the companies and its associates (ESOP). These aligned with agreement upon the meeting of shareholder of BCP on 25th April 2018, and to (III) the public.
- BBF informed that the production capacity increased from 810,000 liters/day to 930,000 liters/day to the Ministry of Energy, Department of Energy Business.
- UBE withdrawn the request to dispose and sell the common shares to public (IPO) with The Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand.
- During the meeting of BBGI on 16th July 2018, the propositions were listed regards IPO below
(I) Shareholders of BCP and KSL specified to those who were eligible for this distribution not more than 25.0 percent of common share sold this time.
(II) The public included committee, management board, and employee of the companies and its associates (ESOP) were eligible for not less than 75.0 percent. Importantly, the common shares sold to (II) were subjected to the agreement of BCP's meeting on 25th April 2018.
- BCP dispensed investment into BBE, BBF and UBE with given the common shares ratio of 85.0, 70.0 and 21.3 percent to BBH (associated company of BCP, in which BCP owned 100.0 percent of share). This was under the plan to restructure Bio-based business of BCP.
- During the meeting no. 11/2560 of BCP and no. 6/2559-2560 of KSL on 19th July 2017 led to the amalgamation between BBH (BCP owned 100.0 percent of share) with KSLGI (KSL owned 100.0 percent of shares).
- The committee of KSL during the meeting no. 6/2559-2560 on 19th July 2560 agreed to withdraw the plan of IPO and register KSL in The Stock Exchange of Thailand. This was resulted from KSL and BCP's amalgamated and how shares distributed upon the agreement. This was aligned with the partnership plan for Bio-based business between these two companies.
- KSL invested into KGI, given 100.0 percent of common shares to KSLGI (associated company where KSL owned 100.0 percent shares under the acquisition plan).
- The amalgamation between BBH and KSLGI on 31st October 2017 with the registered capital of 2,532.00 million Baht, 253.20 million common shares worth 10.00 Baht per unit. BCP and KSL owned 60.0 and 40.0 percent of shares, respectively.
- BBF registered as a company on 2nd May 2016 with the registered capital of 1.00 million Baht, 0.01 million common shares worth 100.0 Baht per unit. BCP owned the 85.0 percent of shares upon the agreement between BCP and Sima (company).
- BBE engaged in the contract of sale with Sima in order to acquire complete assets in production and distribution of Ethanol, including the authorization right from Sima.
- During the meeting no. 7/2559, the consensus among KGI's committee was to dispense the assets in production of organic fertilizer to KMS (company), the associated company of KSL where KSL owned 100.0 percent of stack.
- The BBF's second biodiesel factory commercially produced and sold with the production power of 450,000 liters/day. Combining both refineries, BBF produced more than 810,000 liters/day of biodiesel.
- BBE increased registered capital to 499.00 million Baht, 4.99 million common shares worth 100.00 Baht per unit. In conclusion, BBE had registered capital of 500.00 million Baht.
- BBE commercially operated Ethanol refinery at Sanam Chai Khet and Phanom Sarakham, Chachoengsao after transferred the authorization from Sima. With production capacityof 150,000 liters/day using raw Cassava and chips as main ingredients.
- BBE registered for the oil trader under section 10.
- During the meeting no. 2/2559, the consensus among KGI's shareholders on 10th October 2016 was to transform the company into a public company on 12th October 2016 and renew its title to KGI. In addition of the plan to expose and sell the common shares to public (IPO) and to register KGI into The Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- During the meeting no. 4/2558, the consensus among BBF’s committee was to invest in Pilot Plant for paraffin production as the Phase Change Materials (PCMs).
- During the meeting no. 4/2557, the consensus among BBF’s committee was to invest in second Biodiesel refinery with the production capacity of 450,000 liters/day and from PFAD to Biodiesel with capacity of 55,000 liters/day.
- Bo Ploy factory condensed used water from Ethanol production process to biogas, which later sold to sugar electricity factory in Khon Kaen.
- BBF improved the De-Bottleneck production procedure to increase production capacity of Biodiesel factory to 360,000 liters/day.
- Bo Ploy factory condensed used water from Ethanol production process to biogas, which later sold to sugar electricity factory in Khon Kaen.
- BBF registered for the oil trader under section 7.
- BCP invested in common shares of UBE with the amount of 583,000 units or equivalent to 21.3 percent of total share. UBE produced and distributed Ethanol refined from raw Cassava and its strip. The total production capacity has reached 400,000 liters/day for the Na Yia factory in Ubon Ratchathani province. UBE also owned 100.0 percent of stake in other subsidiary companies (1) UAE with the production and distribution of Cassava flour (2) UBG with the production and distribution of biogas and electricity and (3) NPE with the same business of UBG.
- KGI operated the commercial factory at Bo Ploy with capacity of 200,000 liters/day producing from Molasses and sugarcane juice.
- Bo Ploy factory manufactured commercial organic fertilizer with the main source of used water in the process of Ethanol production and left over debris in sugar factory.
- BBF operated the commercial factory for Biodiesel production at Bang Pa-In, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya province with the production capacity of 300,000 liters/day and the by-product (Glycerin) 30,000 kilograms/day using Palm oil as main ingredient.
- BBF registered as a company on 12th March 2008 with the registered capital of 281.50 million Baht, 2.815 common shares worth 100.0 per unit. BCP owned the 70.0 percent of shares while UAC owned the rest. The business focused on production and distribution of Biodiesel, Glycerin, and the by-product.
- KGI increased the registered capital and paid-in shares to 450.00 million Baht, 45.00 million common shares worth 10.00 per unit. As a consequence, KGI had total registered and paid-in shares of 610.00 million Baht.
- KGI operated the commercial operation at Nampong factory with the production capacity of 150,000 liters/day using Molasses and sugarcane juice as raw material. KGI had been one of the recent companies that was authorized to refine alcohol to solute fuel oil from the Ministry of Industry.
- KGI registered as the oil trader under section 10 of Fuel Trade Act, 2000 (Oil trader section 10). Nampong factory manufactured commercial organic fertilizer with the main source of used water in the process of Ethanol production and left over debris in sugar factory.
- KGI gained permission from the nation Ethanol board for increasing Ethanol production to 85,000 liters/day but not exceeding 150,000 liters/day.
- KGI (former known as Khon Kaen Alcohol Limited) registered as a company on 3rd February 2004 with the registered capital of 1.00 million Baht, 0.10 million common shares with value of 10.00 Baht per share. KSL owned 100.0 percent of shares for production of Ethanal from Molasses, sugarcane, and etc.
- KGI increased the registered capital to 159.00 million Baht, 15.90 million common shares at 10.00 Baht per share. In total KGI had registered capital of 160.00 million Baht (1.00 million Baht added to form number).